Two More Weeks of the Six-Week Contest (Countdown to Book Launch Day)
My latest novel Bootlegger Haze will go on sale on September 1, 2011. To Celebrate the Publication, I Am Hosting Six Weeks of Contests/Giveaways for My Readers.
The Contests/Giveaways Will Be Announced on Each Monday of the Week Listed. Winners Will Be Chosen and Posted to Blog on Each Sunday Following the Monday Contest Date.
Please enter each contest each week for a chance to win some wonderful prizes.
I am pleased to announce the winner for the fourth week’s contest in my six-week Bootlegger Haze Countdown to Launch Day Contest. Rain Misoa–Congratulations to the winner! Rain will receive a $15 Amazon or Barnes and Noble Gift Card. Thank you for participating this week.
Week August 22 – 28 (Winners Chosen and Announced on Blog on Sunday Aug. 28)
- $20 Gift Card (Choice of Amazon or Barnes and Noble)
- Finish the Story in 1000 Words or Less Contest—Write a conclusion to the excerpt below.
- THE BEST CONCLUSION TO THE EXCERPT BELOW WILL WIN.
On Friday, Avery pulled up in the yard in a bright blue 1928 Buick. He stepped out, dressed in a light blue linen suit, a shirt, and matching colored shoes. He even had on a dark blue polka dot tie.
“He looks just like his rich pappy,” Elizabeth mumbled to herself. “Gaudy and extravagant.”
Elizabeth was dressed in a lavender chiffon dress that fell at her slim ankles. Her hair was pulled up into a bun, and her face glowed in the early evening light.
“You look wonderful,” Avery said, walking around the car and opening the door for her.
“Thank you,” Elizabeth said, getting into the car, Avery closing the door after her.
He rushed around to the driver’s side to get in.
“You two have fun, you here?” York shouted from the porch, throwing up his hand at Avery.
“Thank you, sir,” Avery responded courteously.
“Have her back at a decent hour,” York added.
“I will, sir,” Avery replied and got in the car.
“You really do look wonderful,” Avery told Elizabeth again.
“You said that already,” Elizabeth said sharply, not wanting to see the big, nauseating grin on her papa’s face anymore. “Let’s go, please.”
“Oh, okay,” Avery said, backing the car out of the yard, York waving to them as they headed to the dance.
- Leave your answer in the comment box by Friday at Midnight EST to be entered into a drawing to win the gift card. Please make sure to leave an e-mail address and your full name with your comment.
- Receive an extra entry if you subscribe to the blog along with your comment.
- Receive an extra entry by encouraging your friends to post their comment. Make sure they state that “Your name (ie. Katrina Williams) referred me to this contest” along with their comment, their email address, and their full name.